Letter from our CEO
I would like to personally update you in the evolving COVID-19 (coronavirus) situation, and talk to you about the precautions we are taking.
Here at Glenview we are actively monitoring the situation, following advice and implementing all relevant guidelines provided by the Australian Government for aged care providers.
Currently, the following measures of precaution are in effect at Glenview:
- Following a temporary lockdown from 18-20 March, to allow us time to establish new protocols, we are now allowing visitors, by appointment only. Further details to our new booking system are provided below.
- We are looking at ways in which we can support the use of technology such as Skype to help family members keep in touch with residents
- As our community centre is co-located with residential services, we have suspended our community centre activities, and have redeployed our staff to assist with the running of the new visitor booking program
- We have trained all staff with best practice health tips on hand hygiene and are providing training on COVID-19. We continue to keep them updated
- Our infection control committee is meeting regularly to discuss the ever-changing situation to inform precautionary measures across the site
- We have postponed all planned events at Glenview and bus excursions
Guidelines on our new visitor booking system
On the 18 March, the Australian Government announced measures to restrict visitations at aged care facilities as we continue to combat the spread of coronavirus, COVID-19.
At Glenview, we have been working hard on this and we have introduced a new visitor booking system, effective from Friday, 20 March 2020.
How will it work?
- You will now be asked to book in a time slot to visit your loved one.
- This will be done by calling us on: (03) 6277 8800 or
Emailing us on: [email protected]
- Visiting time slots will be available between the hours of Mon-Fri 10am – 7pm and Sat & Sun 10am–4pm
- Visits are limited to 2 visits per day, for a maximum of 2 hours
- All visitors must have had a flu vaccination
Restrictions on entry to Glenview, as mandated by the Australian Government
The following visitors will not be permitted to enter the facility:
- Those who have returned from overseas in the last 14 days
- Those who have been in contact with a known case of COVID-19
- Those with a fever or symptoms such as cough, sore throat, runny nose, or shortness of breath
- No children under the age of 16
What will my visit look like?
- Arrive at Glenview approximately 10 minutes before your scheduled visit time and wash your hands in the visitor bathroom at the main entrance doors
- Reception will direct you to have a seat in our waiting area
- One of our friendly staff will greet you, help you to sign in at Reception, and ensure you apply hand sanitiser. Temperature screening will also be undertaken at this time.
- The staff member will then escort you to the resident’s room
- When the visit is complete, the staff member will return to escort you back to Reception so you can sign out from your visit
The booking system is open between 9am – 4:30pm Monday–Friday.
We encourage you to book in a regular time slot to visit your loved one, if this is an option for you. That way it will be in our system as a weekly booked in visit, and you can simply show up for your scheduled visit.
Palliative care – please come and speak with us if your loved one is in palliative care as this will mean special measures will be implemented to assist you to access your loved one during this difficult time.
We will continue to monitor the situation and adjust our plans accordingly, as we are operating in a constantly changing environment.
Please do not hesitate to reach out to us with any questions or concerns you may have.
We wish you and all those you care for to stay healthy and safe.
(03) 6277 8800